Preventing A Bad Weave
When it comes to extensions, we have seen our share of “bad weaves”. So, here are a few tips to ensure that your weaves are nothing like these pictured.
* make sure your stylist is NOT a beginner. Don’t be a guinea pig or you will end up looking a mess!
* make sure there are no visible tracks showing. There is nothing worse than a weave with tracks showing.
* wear your hair in the style it was indeed to be worn in. Many stylists only focus on visible areas however if you change the style, you might end up exposing some tracks.
* talk to your stylist and inform them of any styling variations you wish to have so they can be sure that all tracks are hidden no matter how the hair is worn.
* consider other extension applications if you want more styling versatility with no visible attachment.
* pull your weave/wig back if it was not intended to be worn that way.
* pull your hair behind your ears ESPECIALLY if you have thin edges!!
* pull your hair up in a ponytail without FIRST checking to see if you have enough hair at the nape to cover the tracks in the back.
* attempt to blend thin edges with a full bodied weave.
* attempt to blend kinky hair with a silky straight weave. Flat iron the hair or go with a more textured weave.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.