Natural Lash Extensions
When most think of lash extensions, they picture huge, unrealistic looking lashes that are often worn by showgirls, however there is indeed a way to obtain a more natural look with lash extensions.
Before you dismiss the idea entirely, lash extensions do not always have to look like branches hanging from your eye lids. Whether you are doing them yourself or having them applied by a professional, getting your lash extensions to look 100% natural is something more and more people are aiming to get.
Here are a few tips to getting natural looking lash extensions:
1. Try getting individual lash extensions instead of an entire set. Individuals will always look for more natural.
2. Individuals are available in different sizes. Try the “short” lashes as they tend to look far more natural than the longer lengths.
3. Do not add too many lashes. This will make your lashes appear too full and un-natural.
4. Do not add lashes all of the way to the inner part of your eye. It will look more natural if you only add the lashes to 3/4 of your lid, starting from the outer side of your eye.
5. If your individual lashes have a tiny ball at the base, be sure to apply it as close to the base of your lashes so it cannot be seen. When applied properly, even when viewed close-up, you should not be able to see anything.
6. Do not apply too much glue. This will make the glue/bond more visible. Even if you use a black glue, it will look like clumped mascara. Too much clear glue may turn white and look like you have “sleep” in your lashes. No bueno!!
7. If you have dark lashes, try to use a black adhesive.
8. For a more natural look, do not apply lash extensions to your bottom lashes.
9. When the lashes are being applied, make extra effort to have all the lashes going in the same direction. This is a difficult process however it will keep your lashes looking neat and not “tangled” looking.
10. If you have really curly lashes, you may need to add the lash extensions to the under side of your lashes. Trying to apply the lash extensions to the top of curly lashes may prove to be very difficult and result in lashes that are not completely adhered.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.