Swimming With Braids
So, you just got your hair braided and you are ready to hit the pool. Wait! Although swimming and braids can be a great combination, they can also be a combination for disaster too! Before heading to the pool, you need to be sure you have all of the information and tools you need to properly care for your braids.
1. Spray on a leave-in conditioner on a regular basis to keep your hair protected. Focus on applying the conditioner to your hair only, not the extensions.
2. After swimming, wash your braids thoroughly. Let them rinse under the shower for an ample amount of time to ensure all of the chlorine has been removed. Use a shampoo but focus on cleansing your scalp instead of the extensions.
3. After your hair as been washed, apply a moisturizer or braid spray to your hair, not the extensions.
4. Let your braids air dry during the day. Do not put them in a ponytail or a bun until they are completely dry or else they will begin to smell!
5. Before removing the braids, use a generous amount of braid spray or moisturizer to ensure the hair does not break off.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.